19, Hospital street,
- Environment/Sustainable development
Environment friendly farming, as one of our initiatives, will promote sustainable farming methods which is a new trend in European Agricultural Policies which is a practice that deserves support as it generates a positive health and environmental impact such as:
• Reducing health hazards posed to both the consumer and the farmer by the use of dangerous chemicals in conventional farming.
• Reducing the potential of nitrate leaching, contaminating the water table
• Beneficial impact on the wildlife population and biodiversity of flora and fauna of the Maltese islands
• Promoting responsible environmental attitudes and establishment of basic practical data that can serve for educational programs and consultation services - The foundation has already been assisting students in related studies.
an NGO which works in the environmental and Organic farming sectors among other areas, a foundation which was set up in 2002 , with the aim of coordinating a pioneering project on sustainable farming and Biodiversity to demonstrate practical systems in various sectors of farming and other sustainable practices where one is expected to take greater care of our environment and the health of the consumer.
The project has also served as an opportunity for further initiatives and practical research in the field of sustainable farming and other related ecological issues by providing technical assistance, courses, educational material and other informational activities.
Genista manages the Rinella nature park in the south of the island.activities related to the European Commission and is the direct point of contact between the community of Malta and the European commission, offering advice, information etc both to the Maltese public, SME’s, NGO’s, schools and also to European citizens who require information about Malta.