*VM* March of Women with their body and their voice
The series of Cross-network activities has been organized by the Anna Lindh Foundation Network Members of France - Forum Femmes Méditerranée, Lebanon - Lebanese National Commission for UNESCO, Morocco - Agir Ensemble, Tunisia - WeLoveSousse, and Algeria - Association Djazairouna, in the Framework of the Anna Lindh Foundation Virtual Marathon for Dialogue in the EuroMed.
This violence can take very diverse forms :
- Domestic violence (beatings, psychological violence, marital rape, femicide);
- Harassment or sexual assault (rape, unwanted sexual advances, harassment in the street, cyber-harassment); early and forced marriage; female genital mutilation; trafficking in human beings (slavery, sexual exploitation).
- Cyber-harassment is a form of fairly recent violence grows. Threats of rape, sexist slurs, and other invective are part of the daily life of many women on the Web
73% of women say they are victims, and 18% of them in a serious form. This violence aims to control the place of women and to exclude them from public space. They mainly manifest themselves in two forms:
- The cyber-control in the couple: a spouse or former spouse violent monitors the activity of his wife (conversations, travel, expenses, etc.), possibly without their knowledge via dedicated applications;
- The gender and sexual harassment online, which is to send messages or publish insulting, derogatory or threatening.)
This workshop aims to produce videos, poems of positions taken by feminist activists and songs to denounce the violence suffered by women. The main objective is to create a space for expression and a forum for equal rights and opportunities.
For more information visit our FB Page.