Expressions in Dialogue
In the midst of increasing radicalisation and a surge of populist and xenophobic movements along with securitarian policies and the restriction of fundamental freedoms, intercultural dialogue has become one of the most pressing challenges of today's Euro-Mediterranean area. Based on these observations Expressions in Dialogue set out to address needs detected among the civil society organisations around the Mediterranean to bring Intercultural Citizenship Education to the public by organising Living Library events in the local context of the partner organisations in Catalonia, Egypt, Estonia, Greece, Jordan, Lebanon, Lithuania and Turkey.
After an initial capacity-building training course, the partners organizations created the active group committing to organise local actions. These included among other the “Living Library” which consisted of meetings among people with different stories, acting as human books. All in all, 5 Living Library local events were organized in May and June of 2019:
- 2-3 of May – by the WeOrganisation (VYRE) in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- 11th of May – by the House of Europe in Rhodes, Greece.
- 25th of May – by AHEAD (and local partners), in Barcelona, Spain.
- 8th of June – by Young Effect in Magenta (and local partners), Italy.
- 20th of June – by Trajectory@ (and local partners) in Tallinn, Estonia.